While at COP26 countries agreed to deliver stronger commitments, including updated national plans with more ambitious targets, COP27 is all about moving from negotiations and planning for implementation for all those promises, and pledges made the year before.
According to Lily Odarno, director of the Clean Air Task Force’s Energy and Climate Innovation Program, Africa “we basically are off-target in terms of meeting our climate goals, even if countries have implemented their NDCs, which is their nationally determined contributions, as they currently stand”. The sense of urgency in businesses is only increasing overtime as the pressure to accelerate carbon reduction is currently a key priority.
About the course
At Achilles, we’re the UK’s only accredited Green House Gas certification, and sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. Our email training course covers a wide range of carbon reduction topics, from the principles of carbon reduction to how to measure Green House Gas (GHG) emissions across scope 1, 2 and 3. Our aim is to equip businesses with the right tools to understand the steps they have to follow in order to accelerate their journey towards a low carbon future.
Take this course at your own peace online – it doesn’t have an expiry date. Receive a 30-minute lesson each week for 4 week’s via email and at the end of every lesson, you’ll be able to test yourself on what you learned.
Who should take the course?
This course is aimed at sustainability, procurement and supply chain professionals working for SMEs and large businesses.
Whether you’re interested in learning about carbon reduction, are working towards setting your net zero targets or need help with implementing a successful decarbonisation strategy, you’ll find this course valuable for your business.
Even if you’re already measuring your carbon reduction, we can help you drill down into how to measure and report on your scope 3 emissions.
Why take this course?
- Increase your knowledge – become a carbon champion for your business
- Gain a full understanding about the most relevant carbon concepts Discover how to create a successful decarbonisation strategy
- Learn how to take your carbon strategy to implementation
- Find out the tools and processes available to help with your journey towards a low carbon future
About the trainer
Mike Tournier, also known as “The Carbon Guy”, has an impressive domestic and international experience in Environmental Services and Carbon Management. He has been the Executive Director of the Carbon Market Institute, the Australian Peak Industry Body for Carbon Professionals, and has worked as General Manager of Global Operations for one of the world’s largest and most successful Carbon Developers. Mike has also been a Board Member of The International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA) while working in the City of London and has worked with some of the largest UK carbon-neutral businesses.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Carbon Reduction
- First principles on carbon footprint 101 and climate change
- What is Net Zero, what does it mean and how do we get there?
- Why is this important to my business and the economy?
- Carbon “buzzwords” glossary
Lesson 2: Diving into Net Zero
- Net Zero: getting started
- Creating a successful decarbonisation strategy
- Accelerating the transition to Net Zero
- Setting Net Zero targets
Lesson 3: Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions: what are they?
- Scope 3 emissions: how to measure and report on them?
- Scope 3 emissions: inventory and reduction strategy
Lesson 4: Carbon measurement and management tools and processes
- What carbon measurement and management solutions are out there?
- What to look for
- Pros and cons
- Checklist: what is right for my business?
This e-training is free of charge.