This course is designed to provide delegates with a practical approach to Tender Evaluation. Delegates will take away an understanding of the application of selection and award criteria and their impact on the tender evaluation. Delegates will undertake practical exercises involving scoring exercises and development of model answers.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for Procurement practitioners, contract managers, finance and other operational stakeholders that may be part of the evaluation panel, who wish to understand how to conduct a compliant tender assessment. This course would also be suitable for practitioners new into public sector procurement, as well as more experienced individuals who are looking to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills concerning tender evaluation.
This course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of how to conduct a compliant Tender Evaluation process.
Delegates will be equipped with the skills, understanding and confidence to facilitate, and deliver a robust, compliant and effective evaluation. Delegates will understand the methodical approaches to evaluation, how to score and award to the Most Economical Advantageous Tender (MEAT).
- Discuss the sources of law
- Define the difference between selection and award criteria
- Explain the selection stage and standard Selection questionnaire (SQ) and Evaluation
- Discuss award criteria and Most Economical Advantageous Tender (MEAT)
- Exercise 1: Selection v Award criteria
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the evaluation panel
- Identify the preparations for the evaluation process
- Examine some evaluation methodologies
- Exercise 2: Develop model answers
- Discuss commenting and recording during the evaluation/ moderation process
- Exercise 3. Scoring and evaluation
- Questions and answers
Upcoming Course Dates
Can’t find a course date?