The Pre-Procurement Engagement course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of the importance of pre-procurement engagement. The course addresses the requirements of undertaking pre-procurement engagement in order to establish a robust foundation for the chosen procedure, the benefits of understanding what the market has to offer, managing internal stakeholders involved in the process, and the compliant methods available to establish communications with suppliers.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for procurement practitioners, contract managers and operational stakeholders, who wish to understand and apply the tools, techniques and processes regarding pre-procurement engagement, which provides results leading to a compliant robust procedure. This is suitable for anyone who is new to pre-procurement engagement or to those who want to understand more about its use and benefits under the new procurement rules.
- Define Pre-Procurement Engagement
- Explain the legislative requirements regarding Pre-Procurement Engagement
- Identify the benefits of Pre-Procurement Engagement
- Understand some of the key risks and concerns for contracting bodies
- Consider how risks can be mitigated