Designed to provide the essential knowledge required to non-procurement stakeholders working within the regulated industries and responsible for defining organisational requirements for products, services or works. You may also responsible for creating specifications & award criteria, evaluating bids and subsequent management of contracts. The course is also designed for technical clients who play a large part in the award of a contract and aids their understanding of why the rules that affect procurement are so crucial.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for non-procurement practitioners such as consultants, stakeholders and asset managers to public sector or utility responsible for defining the technical specifications and organisation requirements to go out to tender.
• Where does the law come from?
• Why do we have to consider the regulated procurement rules?
• What is covered?
The need for competition
• What must we consider when valuing a contract?
• How valuable is pre-market engagement?
• When can we directly award contracts?
Selection and award criteria
• Technical specifications – what can be used?
• What risks do we create in meeting stakeholder requirements?
• What is a framework?
• How do we award a contract from a framework?
• Notification, standstill and remedies
• What happens when we get it wrong?
• What risk do we create when we talk to suppliers?
• How much can we change contracts?
£99 + VAT per delegate – All prices shown are per delegate excluding VAT at the current rate.
For information on the above course or to book, click on the button below.