This course is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify the terms of a contract to ensure it is fit for purpose and inline with the organisations policies and procedures. The course addresses why it is essential to understand the route taken and type of commercial agreement looking to be entered into in order to avoid risks in the future and in turn ensure continued compliance with any legislative requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for procurement practitioners and contract managers who need to understand the source and structure of contracts in order to ensure they can pull out all the key aspects and check those elements are relevant, complete and accurate. This course is suitable for those who have a background in commercial/procurement and existing understanding of how contracts are formed; including understanding what is acceptable to the business.
This course will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify the components of a contract and the areas for particular attention to ensure that it is fit for purpose and in line with the organisation’s expectations. Delegates will be able to address the areas of focus in order to firstly ensure there is no impact to any legislative requirements and secondly be able to deal with any issues, risks which require to be resolved prior to the conclusion of any contracts.
- Background understanding:
- Formal tendering Procedures which allow for Negotiation
- Analysis the documentation.
- Definitions and terminology
- Discuss different types of commercial agreements: Frameworks and call offs or Contracts
- Discuss the key terms of a contact and specific areas of focus
- Insurance liabilities
- Public liability insurance
- Employers liability insurance
- Product liability insurance
- Quality Insurance standards
- Indemnity clauses
- Limited liability clauses
- Termination, dispute resolution
- Renewal clauses
- Information governance
- Price and review clauses
- Payment terms
- Intellectual property right
- Discuss managing modifications to contracts and the legal consequences.
Date and Location
09:00:00 – 14:00:00
£174 per delegate.
All prices shown are per delegate including 20% VAT.
For information on the above course or to book, click on the button below.