Find the Right Community for You
EU Services in Ireland
Achilles consultancy and training team has a deep understanding of the practical implications of the EU procurement rules and regulations. With over 100 years of combined experience, our experts understand the complexities and the risks of getting it wrong.
Working closely with both Public Sector and Utilities, the team understands how most organisations need quick, comprehensive and accurate advice.
Achilles consultants offer a range of services which gives you the ability to ask EU questions to one of the advisors, outsource the entire management of a procurement or receive expert training, delivered by one of our experienced team members which helps keep you up-to-date with changes to the legislation as well as training from first principles to advanced levels.
Increase your knowledge. Reduce risk and costs.
THEMiS is an EU procurement legislation tool, which helps you:
- Comply with the complex requirements of the EU and other international procurement legislation easily
- Keep up-to-date with changes to the rules with ease
- Understand regulated procurement
- Send OJEU notices to the Office Journal of the European Union (OJEU)
Our team of EU procurement experts
The system is supported by experts in the field of EU procurement legislations:
- Patrick McGovern of Arthur Cox writes Irish Court case summaries
- Lionel McCarthy Managing Director, Achilles Ireland
- Professor Sue Arrowsmith, Professor of Law at University of Nottingham writes UK Court case summaries specifically for procurement specialist noting the facts of a case, summary of a case and then a judgment.
THEMiS service options
THEMiS has three service options available – THEMiS Platinum, THEMiS Gold and THEMiS Premium – and is a subscription-based online system allowing you to buy multiple licences and have access to a consultancy retainer
- Platinum – 20 hours of support and 48 hour response to EU queries and full access to the system;
- Gold – 10 hours of support and 48 hour response to EU queries and full access to the system;
- Premium – THEMiS only
Note: longer duration support arrangements can be offered ranging up to 100 hours.
Keep up-to-date. Invest in your future.
Achilles Procurement Services is the leading provider of procurement related training to the Public Sector and Utilities in Ireland. The team provide training on an open course and in-house basis on European and national procurement regulations to the public and private sectors.
The training courses are focused on the needs of the procurement professionals and ensure candidates are equipped with the skills and tools to award contracts in a compliant manner with particular emphasis on best practice and value for money. Our course material is regularly updated to take into account the changes in the procurement rules at National and European level and the impact of recent European Court decisions.
1/2 day Courses
Buying Facilities Management Services including TUPE
Service Level Agreements and Contract Management
Understanding Public Sector Procurement Rules
Achilles, in partnership with the Institute of Public Administration, run two UCD Accredited programmes:
|All of our open courses can be modified for in-house delivery. In addition, we can develop and deliver in-house programmes on a modular basis.|
Comprehensive and accurate advice. Quickly.
EU procurement rules are complex. Achilles EU Services can provide you experts within the field of EU procurement legislation that are available as and when you need them.
Achilles Procurement Services Limited has direct experience of working with a wide range of public sector organisations including Utilities, Government Departments, Government Agencies, Local Authorities, Universities and 3rd Level Institutes and Health Boards.
Achilles offer consultancy in the following areas on a hourly or retainer basis:
- Public procurement issues in general relating to Directives 2004/18/EC and 2004/17/EC in addition to the Remedies legislation
- Drafting of PINs, Calls for Competition, Qualification System Notices and Award Notices
- Using eTenders and other “e” sending systems
- Selection of contract award procedures and the merits and justifications for using competitive dialogue and negotiation
- Use of precedents in problem solving
- Qualification and selection criteria
- Exclusions and exemptions
- Award Criteria and Weightings
- Tender evaluations
- Extensions of existing contracts
- Developing appropriate procurement procedures to comply with National and EU requirements
- Relationships with Suppliers
- Debriefing of suppliers
- Procurement Audits
- Full contract management
- Drafting procurement policies and procedures
- Establishing and resourcing a procurement function.
To contact us, fill in this form to request further information or alternatively you can contact us as follows:THEMiS
T: +353 (0)1 4020114
T: +353 (0)1 4020114
T: +353 (0)1 4020114
Fax: +353 (0)1 4020110